Orphan files in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Nov 24 22:12:42 GMT 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Glenn Steen wrote:

> AFAICR, there are a couple of situations where those might occur...
> Please correct me if I'm wrong... Client dropping connection during
> DATA could be it (should have a matching entry in the logs then), or

nope shouldn't do this

> forcibly interrupting sendmail while it is transferring data from the
> client come to mind. Both should be visible in the logs.

nor this, if it's not completely accepted it wont keep it, log indications
will be 'lost input channel' or 'timeout waiting'
'connection reset' or blah.blah did not issue mail/expn etc type message
unless its 100% succesful you wont see qf or df files for it.

> Me not being a rendmaul admin (any more:-), I might be completely wrong;-)

your just too rusty :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd