Orphan files in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 16:44:16 GMT 2006

On 24/11/06, Randal, Phil <prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk> wrote:
> That is an ancient version of MailScanner.  You should upgrade it to the
> latest version and then see what happens.
>
> Phil
>
> --
> Phil Randal
> Network Engineer
> Herefordshire Council
> Hereford, UK

Another thought is that that few a message "corrupted" might actually
be quite normal with that amount of messages.
AFAICR, there are a couple of situations where those might occur...
Please correct me if I'm wrong... Client dropping connection during
DATA could be it (should have a matching entry in the logs then), or
forcibly interrupting sendmail while it is transferring data from the
client come to mind. Both should be visible in the logs.

Me not being a rendmaul admin (any more:-), I might be completely wrong;-)
Cheers
--
-- Glenn