Spambuckets, Bayes and MailScanner signatures

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Wed Nov 22 09:14:42 GMT 2006

Hi Peter,

pete at enitech.com.au wrote:
> It is even easier to create a public folder and make the
> default access contributer, not read, then everyone can drag
> and drop onto the public folder

Yes, that's my plan.

, then there is a python
> script here that will read the public folder and delete its
> contents and write a little log of events for you.

*grin* Yes, I saw that, which is what put me down the path. Once I
realised that exchange could be persuaded to give sensible data
(including headers and such) I wanted to implement an auto-learning
system.

> This si easier to setup and avoid the issues of exchanged
> erasing the headers when you forward email to another email account.

Yup!

> The script was posted (by me) about 2 weeks ago, i can resend
> if you need it.

No, I have it thanks. My real question is how the MailScanner headers,
inline anti-phishing and/or trailing signature might pollute the Bayes
database - or am I worrying unecessarily?

Thanks

Stef
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Fax: 0845 3452830       | Incorporating Level 5 Internet
stef at aoc-uk.com         | stef at l5net.net