Annoying!!!

Brent Addis brent.addis at pronet.co.nz
Wed Nov 22 02:13:07 GMT 2006

Look into using SPF (everyone was supposed to be using it by 2004
though, right?)

I get joe-jobbed fairly often on some of my domains, since implementing
spf, the bounces have dropped to about 40% of what they were.

Many companies drop email coming from hosts that aren't listed as an
address in a valid spf record, so they don't bounce back to you. Of
course they still accept mail without any spf record assigned to it, but
i'm sure that'll stop oneday.

http://www.openspf.org/wizard.html?mydomain=&x=0&y=0 has a wizard for
it. It gets inserted into your dns records.

Be warned though, if you have remote users, they will have to use a
server within your spf realm for sending mail.

I would recommend turning off the catchall too.