Annoying!!!

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Nov 14 00:30:11 GMT 2006

Rob Poe spake the following on 11/13/2006 9:53 AM:
> Someone is sending spam as one of my domains (poeweb.com, if you're getting it, it's NOT me!).  I'm getting literally hundreds of bounce messages daily.
>
> I *DO* have a catchall for this domain, and that's getting a lot of the bounceback messages.
>
> Anyone have any great ideas for at least slowing the delivery failure, bounced for spam, etc messages?
>
> It's image based stock spam that they're sending.  I'd really like them to stop, it's quite annoying.

Have you thought about setting up SPF records? At least a system could find
out if they are not from you by spf lookups. I know that SPF isn't a spam
tool, but it is an IP address spoofing check.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and