Clamav Update

Fabien GARZIANO fabien.garziano at caliseo.com
Mon Nov 20 09:15:15 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

Like many others, I got a problem with clamav this Week End. In my
maillog file, I got something like the clamd is not responding. I also
got a LOT and unusual load. And when i tried to a freshclam :

ClamAV update process started at Mon Nov 20 10:13:09 2006
main.cvd is up to date (version: 41, sigs: 73809, f-level: 10, builder:
tkojm)
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Current functionality level = 8, recommended = 10
DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/faq.html

As I read the mails here, I can see the way to solve this is to update
clamav. So I got a question : Should I build it from source, or is there
a mailscanner specific binary ? Is there any doc about this on the
mailscanner web site ?

Thanks