log is flotting with messages

redhat at techspace.nl redhat at techspace.nl
Sun Nov 19 14:55:32 GMT 2006

Quoting Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>:

> On 19/11/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, redhat at techspace.nl wrote:
>>
>>> this is my output but i have no idea what it means exept that tere is a
>>> problem with spamassassin.
>>>
>>> [root at localhost ~]# spamassassin --lint
>>> [2982] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path
>>> /usr/local/bin/dccproc
>>> [2982] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for
>>> more information
>>

>> Thats an "OK" error if you did not install dcc, you can ignore it, I
>> disabled it recently because its laggy to here.
>
> Right. If you don't use DCC, simply comment that line out (to avoid
> the error from the --lint). It's in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
> (also softlinked from /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf)
>

>>> [root at localhost ~]# MailScanner --lint
>>> Read 719 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
>>> MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
>>> MailScanner setting UID to  (89)
>>

>> What MTA are you using?  89 is usually the user/group BSD allocates for
>> something like vpopmail, why are you setting run-as?
>> If you use sendmail strip it out. if you are using postfix, I can't help
>> you any further.
>
> Giving up on postmix are you, eh Res?:-). Furtunate us postmixers are
> ready to step into the fray:-D
>

>> There doesnt appear to be any problems with either, what value do you have
>> for  Max Children? should be 5 per REAL cpu (not HT'd).
>>
> CC.
> What I'd like to see is the output of a debug run (for both
> MailScanner and SA)... Will just run through for one message.
> Have you implemented MailWatch too?
>
> --
> -- Glenn
> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se

> Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website! -- Dit

How do i run a debug and no i have not implemented mailwatch

things so far no mail is transfered as long as i set the option
Use SpamAssassin = yes if i disable this option mailscanner works.
I can start SpamAssassin with /etc/init.d/SpamAssassin start and there
are no problems in the log.
My setup mta=postfix on fedora core 6

lasts lines of the log these repaeats over and over.
Nov 19 15:26:48 localhost MailScanner[10323]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus
Scanner version 4.55.1 starting...
Nov 19 15:26:49 localhost MailScanner[10323]: Read 747 hostnames from
the phishing whitelist
Nov 19 15:26:50 localhost MailScanner[10323]: Using SpamAssassin results cache
Nov 19 15:26:50 localhost MailScanner[10323]: Connected to
SpamAssassin cache database
Nov 19 15:26:50 localhost MailScanner[10323]: Enabling SpamAssassin
auto-whitelist functionality...

Is there a problem with the white list.
I'm running the same setup on fedora core4 no problem.

any advise thanks jasper

--
Dit bericht is gescanned op virussen en andere gevaarlijke
inhoud door Dark Eagle mail scanner en lijkt schoon te zijn.