log is flotting with messages

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 10:39:46 GMT 2006

On 19/11/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, redhat at techspace.nl wrote:
>
> > this is my output but i have no idea what it means exept that tere is a
> > problem with spamassassin.
> >
> > [root at localhost ~]# spamassassin --lint
> > [2982] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path
> > /usr/local/bin/dccproc
> > [2982] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for
> > more information
>

> Thats an "OK" error if you did not install dcc, you can ignore it, I
> disabled it recently because its laggy to here.

Right. If you don't use DCC, simply comment that line out (to avoid
the error from the --lint). It's in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
(also softlinked from /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf)

> > [root at localhost ~]# MailScanner --lint
> > Read 719 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
> > MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
> > MailScanner setting UID to  (89)
>

> What MTA are you using?  89 is usually the user/group BSD allocates for
> something like vpopmail, why are you setting run-as?
> If you use sendmail strip it out. if you are using postfix, I can't help
> you any further.

Giving up on postmix are you, eh Res?:-). Furtunate us postmixers are
ready to step into the fray:-D

> There doesnt appear to be any problems with either, what value do you have
> for  Max Children? should be 5 per REAL cpu (not HT'd).

CC.
What I'd like to see is the output of a debug run (for both
MailScanner and SA)... Will just run through for one message.
Have you implemented MailWatch too?

--
-- Glenn