log is flotting with messages

redhat at techspace.nl redhat at techspace.nl
Sat Nov 18 22:53:49 GMT 2006

Quoting Res <res at ausics.net>:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, redhat at techspace.nl wrote:
>
>> i have installed mailscanner and spamassassin with clamed
>> with the script that i'v downloaded at the site.
>> Running on fedora core 6
>>
>> now my log is villing up with messages what is wrong????
>> if i use the opting use spamassassin = no it stopes
>>
>> log:
>> Nov 17 23:18:47 localhost MailScanner[3342]: Read 719 hostnames
>> from the phishing whitelist
>

> ps ax  does it show <defunct> on mailscanner?
>
> also run    spamassassin --lint
> if it shows nothing, try    MailScanner --lint
> I hope you meant clamav above, as mailscanner does not use clamav's clamd
>
> The log output if continuous shows somthing is not loading its cont.
> restarting
>

> --
> Cheers
> Res

this is my output but i have no idea what it means exept that tere is
a problem with spamassassin.

[root at localhost ~]# spamassassin --lint
[2982] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path
/usr/local/bin/dccproc
[2982] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled
for more information
[root at localhost ~]# MailScanner --lint
Read 719 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
MailScanner setting UID to  (89)
Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamav
[root at localhost ~]#

if anyone can give me a hint please do.

greets jasper

--
Dit bericht is gescanned op virussen en andere gevaarlijke
inhoud door Dark Eagle mail scanner en lijkt schoon te zijn.