log is flotting with messages

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Nov 18 00:28:39 GMT 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, redhat at techspace.nl wrote:

> i have installed mailscanner and spamassassin with clamed
> with the script that i'v downloaded at the site.
> Running on fedora core 6
>
> now my log is villing up with messages what is wrong????
> if i use the opting use spamassassin = no it stopes
>
> log:
> Nov 17 23:18:47 localhost MailScanner[3342]: Read 719 hostnames from the
> phishing whitelist

ps ax  does it show <defunct> on mailscanner?

also run    spamassassin --lint
if it shows nothing, try    MailScanner --lint
I hope you meant clamav above, as mailscanner does not use clamav's clamd

The log output if continuous shows somthing is not loading its cont.
restarting

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd