Debora is a huge spammers!!!!

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Thu Nov 16 13:06:18 GMT 2006

A little scary blocking debora@* but:

In your exim rcpt acl (change the denial message to suit you):

deny message  = $sender_address has been specifically blocked from this site
- bye bye!
	senders = wildlsearch;/somedir/Mail_Sender_Block.conf

The format of /somedir/Mail_Sender_Block.conf would be

^\Ndebora@*\N
name at domain.com
^debora@*\.com

The way it works : if the line in the file begins with a circumflex (^) then
the line is treated as a regular expression otherwise it has to match
exactly. So line one and three are regex and line two must be
name at domain.com exactly.

As the keys in the search are subject to expansion you may want to stick to
the syntax:

^\Ndebora@*\N

The \N{expression}\N means "do not expand anything between the \N pairs" to
prevent expansion within the key (debora@|debora*@). If you just use
^debora@* then it will look for debora@, then debora*@ which would match
debora or deborah or deborackleter at .

You could certainly use a match condition instead, but by using the external
file you can add, subtract or modify the data without having to touch the
running exim process. I would put this before anything in the acl except any
host white listing and you might want to add some sanity checks for one of
your hosts and users like (if you use authentication):

!authenticated = *

And
hosts = !/somedir/Mail_local_net (which would contain your local network
like 10.10.10.0/24)

So the whole acl would be
deny message  = $sender_address has been specifically blocked from this site
- bye bye!
	!authenticated = *
	hosts = !/somedir/Mail_local_net
	senders = wildlsearch;/somedir/Mail_Sender_Block.conf

So the denial would require the host not belong to you, the sender is not
authenticated and the address must appear in the file listing bad address,
or address regexs

Rick

believed to be clean.