SV: MailScanner miss several Regning.exe files

Jan Elmqvist Nielsen jen at ah.dk
Thu Nov 16 11:08:32 GMT 2006

No I deliver spam - not high spam :-)

File kAFGMu026001
kAFGMu026001: smtp mail text

/Jan Elmqvist Nielsen

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] På vegne af Martin Hepworth
Sendt: 16. november 2006 10:59
Til: MailScanner discussion
Emne: Re: MailScanner miss several Regning.exe files

Jan Elmqvist Nielsen wrote:
> The virus Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Nurech.h (kaspersky) comes as a exe
> file.
>
> I have to my horror notice that serveral of these mails with the exe
> file attached not have been stop!!!
>
> I using MailScanner ver. 4.54.6 with mailwatch
>
> Attached are 2 screen dumps
>
> /Jan Elmqvist Nielsen

Hmm

and you deliver high scoring spam????

what does the 'file' command say about these (that what MS uses to show it's an executable).

Also does your filename.rules.conf file or filetype/ruless.conf say to block these?? Are there any exceptions (whitelists) on filenames or types?

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.