Massive queue buildup

Jay Chandler chandler at chapman.edu
Mon Nov 13 22:31:34 GMT 2006

Built my first Mailscanner / Postfix box on Friday due to a Sendmail
meltdown last week-- was forced to throw this box into production early.

It ran fine over the weekend, but today there's a massive queue
buildup when I run an mqueue-- 10K so far and building.

Any idea where to look to sort out where it's coming from?

It's possible the box itself is overloaded, 2 2.4 ghz procs, with a
load average of around 13.

Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714-628-7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
does quite what I want.  I wish Christopher Robin was here." -- Peter
Da Silva in a.s.r.