Annoying!!!

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Mon Nov 13 18:03:25 GMT 2006

Rob Poe wrote:
> Someone is sending spam as one of my domains (poeweb.com, if you're getting it, it's NOT me!).  I'm getting literally hundreds of bounce messages daily.
>
> I *DO* have a catchall for this domain, and that's getting a lot of the bounceback messages.
>
> Anyone have any great ideas for at least slowing the delivery failure, bounced for spam, etc messages?
>
> It's image based stock spam that they're sending.  I'd really like them to stop, it's quite annoying.

Rob

the latest sare_stock and dcc/razor2 handle the email quite nicely....

there's a nice ruleset for SA to deal with bounce email at....

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf

BUT you'll need to stop of the rules firing otherwise alot of
mailscanner processed stuff will get caught....add this to your local.cf

score VIRUS_WARNING15   0
score VIRUS_WARNING28   0
score VIRUS_WARNING33   0
score VIRUS_WARNING62   0