Mail Not Delivering

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 20:08:10 GMT 2006

On 11/11/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Mailing Lists spake the following on 11/11/2006 9:33 AM:

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> wow, thats really really old code you got running there - three years at
> >> least.
> >>
> >> check the inbound, and outbound queues to see if they are there..
> >>
> >> --
> >> Martin Hepworth
> >> Senior Systems Administrator
> >> Solid State Logic
> >> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
> >>

> > Forgive me for not knowing much about this. but I looked in
> > the /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/ directory. there are a few
> > directories there but no files at all. Is this the right place to look?
> > were are the inbound and outbound directories?
> >
> > Right it is old! I installed it back when it was new as a rpm. The OS is
> > RedHat 9. Now is seems there is no rpm for it. Is there any good docs
> > that step me through an upgrade?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Rick
> >

> Go to www.mailscanner.info  there are links to the current code, and lots of
> docs. The current rpm install is actually several src.rpms and the mailscanner
> rpm in a tarball. You unpack the tarball in some working directory and run an
> install.sh script. It will update any code you need fixed, and give you some
> instructions at the end.

One could also point a helping finger to the MAQ and the rest of the
wiki (both contain partly overlapping instructions for how to go about
the upgrade(s) necessary). You'll find them from the documentation
page on www.mailscanner.info;-).

Another thing to consider is if it isn't time for a more Alexanrian
cut, so to speak, to solve this Gordian knot:-):-)... If MailScanner
is that old, so is probably every part of the system. Perhaps time for
a fresh start?

Anyway, the queues Martin is alluding to are the mqueue.in and mqueue
ones (usually found in /var/spool).

--
-- Glenn