Mail Not Delivering

Sat Nov 11 17:33:41 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 17:10 +0000, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Mailing Lists wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday my mail stopped getting to the in-boxes. I am using sendmail
> > and MailScanner 4.23.11. when I stopped MailScanner, and just started
> > sendmail, things get delevered fine, however, during the time it was not
> > delivering  mail, I sent myself a bunch of test emails, and I never got
> > them at all. It seems that I have lost mail!
> > What happened to that mail? will it be delivered eventually?
> >
> > One clue that I noticed in /var/log/messages:
> > Nov 10 15:45:32 pipe named[1928]: lame server resolving
> > '205.78.168.68.relays.ordb.org' (in 'relays.ordb.org'?):
> > 206.154.202.54#53
> >
> > I will appreciate any help on this...
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Rick
> >

> Hi
>
> wow, thats really really old code you got running there - three years at
> least.
>
> check the inbound, and outbound queues to see if they are there..
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Senior Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

Forgive me for not knowing much about this. but I looked in
the /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/ directory. there are a few
directories there but no files at all. Is this the right place to look?
were are the inbound and outbound directories?

Right it is old! I installed it back when it was new as a rpm. The OS is
RedHat 9. Now is seems there is no rpm for it. Is there any good docs
that step me through an upgrade?

Thanks!
Rick