spam actions doesn't seem to be working right

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sat Nov 11 04:53:45 GMT 2006

Harondel J. Sibble spake the following on 11/10/2006 9:27 AM:

> On 9 Nov 2006 at 20:03, Glenn Steen wrote:
>
>> Why such an old MailScanner (relatively speaking:)? Updating
>
> Just haven't gotten around to it ;-) Plus scheduling downtime to do the
> upgrade at this office is difficult at best.
>
>> help you troubleshoot this to some extent)... If you don't have them,
>> consider an update.
>
> Might give that a try this weekend.
>
>> There are no obvious syntax errors in the MailScanner.conf? Look for
>> silliness like unmatched quotes etc. The syntax of the file is very
>> forgiving, but one can botch things (read: Been there...<something
>> about purchases and T-shirts />:-).
>
> No, none, other than this specific problem, it just hums along.

I can do MailScanner upgrades with less than 5 minutes downtime.
It doesn't really take that much. You can run the install while the process is
running, and the children in memory will happily finish. After the install is
done, just restart mailscanner.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and