spam actions doesn't seem to be working right

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 19:03:51 GMT 2006

On 09/11/06, Harondel J. Sibble <mailscanner at pdscc.com> wrote:
> Okay, running MS 4.49.7-1 on Centos 4.x, also running Mailwatch.
>
> Spam Actions = store forward spambox at domain.tld
>
> Ditto for High Scoring Spam Actions
>
> Early this year in the spring, we replaced the older MS box with this one.
> Some point since then, there are no messages getting to the spambox account,
> however the end users are getting the messages tagged as spam by MS/SA which
> is what I want to avoid.
>
> I'm not sure what I should be looking at to resolve this as I know it worked
> at one point and going through the notes on changes made to the system, I
> don't see anything that should be causing this behaviour.

Why such an old MailScanner (relatively speaking:)? Updating
MailScanner is really well thought out, easy and fast;-). Easy
instructions on what to do (backup relevant directories etc) are in
the MAQ/wiki.

I'm not sure at what version the --lint, --changed and --debug options
to the MailScanner command was introduced (all of which could probably
help you troubleshoot this to some extent)... If you don't have them,
consider an update.

There are no obvious syntax errors in the MailScanner.conf? Look for
silliness like unmatched quotes etc. The syntax of the file is very
forgiving, but one can botch things (read: Been there...<something
about purchases and T-shirts />:-).

--
-- Glenn