Allowing .bmp and other Graphic Files To Get Through

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Nov 9 16:46:28 GMT 2006

Depends on how many users you're talking about.  If it's just a few, I'd
set up whitelists for those select folks.  If you're managing multiple
domains and dealing with large numbers of people wanting this, it
becomes a policy decision and hence, much more political.  I try to stay
out of politics. <g>

In August I asked about allowing filetypes through via white lists.  See
the archives for August 10, subject "ALLOW FILETYPES in
MailScanner.conf".  Holler if you can't find it and I'll dig up the
details.  It was quite easy to set up...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500