FuzzyOCR

Azher Amin azher at niit.edu.pk
Thu Nov 9 02:23:30 GMT 2006

Sure I will email on FuzzyOCR list. SpamAssin is picking the plugin :

Output from spamassassin -x -D --lint:

[26334] dbg: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.cf

[26888] dbg: plugin: fixed relative path: /etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.pm
[26888] dbg: plugin: loading FuzzyOcr from
/etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.pm
[26888] dbg: plugin: registered FuzzyOcr=HASH(0x881bcf8)
[26888] dbg: plugin: FuzzyOcr=HASH(0x881bcf8) implements 'parse_config'

Regards
Azher

Chris Sweeney wrote:
> You might want to post this in the FuzzyOCR mailing list.  This isn't
> really a function of MailScanner FuzzyOCR is a SpamAssassin tool.
>
> Did you run spamassassin -x -D --lint ?  Does it show that its picking
> up the FuzzyOCR plugin?
>
> Azher Amin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using MailScanner on Debian and its working fine. To test the
>> image spams i installed the FuzzyOCR and the related packages as
>> listed on the mailscanner wiki. However I just received an email with
>> image which can be seen here :
>> http://www.niit.edu.pk/~azher/pict63.gif .It is just 6KB in size. I
>> then added the words from this image to
>> /etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.words, restarted mailscanner and again
>> tried sending to another local account, but the image slipped again.
>>
>> Can some one plz guide why MailScanner missed the attachment and how i
>> can tweak to catch images like above.
>>
>> Regards
>> Azher Amin

believed to be clean.