Is razor working?

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 16:38:43 GMT 2006

I have fully configured MailScanner, spamassassin and razor (among many
other programs).  Everything is in full production.  I have followed the
documentation on razor.sourceforge.net and everything seems to be working
properly.  Now that I am scanning through the log files, I don't think
MailScanner is using razor.  Here are the stats of grep -c in
/var/log/mail/info:

PYZOR hits 729 times
DCC hits 5450 times
RAZOR hits 0 times

This doesn't sound right.  I will list the relevant portion of
spam.assassin.prefs.conf below:

# paths to utilities
pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
dcc_path /usr/bin/dccproc
razor_path /usr/bin/razor-check

Using default timeouts and none of the stop checks are uncommented.  I
specify the location of razor with the following command:

razor_config /root/.razor

Razor is writing to the log file properly but I don't think
MailScanner/spamassassin uses it.  How can I make sure that it is being
used?  Thanks!