Could not analyze message

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Tue Nov 7 13:26:58 GMT 2006

Paul Houselander wrote:
> Hi
>
> I dont think my messages last week regarding this made it to the list, ive
> just noticed that they got flagged as spam on my system :-)

If you're using Tim's Bogus virus rules for Spamassassin you need to
zero score the mailScanner ones (from back in the day when mailScanner
used to 'bounce' spam' and viruses by default)

> I have a message being sent to one of my customers which keeps getting
> quarantined with "Could not analyze message", its a plain text email with no
> attachments.

I see you're using Outlook - could it be the TNEF expander isn't working
properly...

What I do is don't scan via SA for outgoing, only virus scan. I do this
by the 'from' ip-address range which can't be spoofed quite as easily as
the email address.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator