OT: Commercial Content Filtering Products

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Nov 6 23:40:22 GMT 2006

Derek Catanzaro spake the following on 11/6/2006 2:11 PM:
> I'm trying to get an idea of the cost on commercial products that will
> basically do what MailScanner is doing for free.  The reason is because
> some vp's would like to know the cost of the commercial products.
> Ultimately I think MailScanner does a great job with the proper configs
> and I would be willing to bet that it does a lot better job than a lot
> of the commercial products you have to pay for.  Does anyone out there
> have any product names and annual costs they can provide?  I've got
> roughly 3,000 mail users and we are getting about 100,000 emails per day.
DefenderMX (www.fsl.com)
They have what could be called the commercial big brother of mailscanner. It
has more features, and comes in several versions, including an "appliance".
You will have to contact them as to pricing.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and