Mail Log Error Message

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 15:57:37 GMT 2006

On 04/11/06, Integrated Technologies <develop at in-tech.us> wrote:

> My complete install was going fine…no errors, no snags. I check my logs this
> morning and received the following error (I had a power failure and it
> rebooted)r:
>

> MailScanner[2906]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.56.8 starting…
>
> MailScanner[2906]: Syntax error(s) in configuration file:
>
> MailScanner[2906]: Unrecognized keyword "spamassassinprefsfile" at line 2213
>
> MailScanner[2906]: Aborting due to syntax errors in
> /etc/MailScanner/NailScanner.conf
>

> I went to my MailScanner.conf configuration file and these are the lines
> before and after line 2213 (this is actually the very last line in my
> MailScanner.conf file):
>

> 2209 # READ and UNDERSTAND the above text BEFORE changing this.
>
> 2210 #
>
> 2211 Minimum Code Status = supported
>
> 2212
>
> 2213 SpamAssassin Prefs File =
> /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>
> 2214
>

> There is NOTHING that I have touched within these last few lines….and ideas?
>

> My gratitude ahead of time for your patience and assistance
>

> SRB, Integrated Technologies
>
> Owner/Senior Developer

Was this an update or a fresh install? If the former, I suspect you
forgot to run upgrade_MailScanner_conf (just run it wothout any
arguments to get some intructions on how to use it). If not, then
well... Try just commenting that line out. ISTR that one "going out
the window" some versions back. Use
MailScanner --lint
and
MailScanner --changed
as well as
MailScanner --debug
to determine that all is well (after appropriate changes:-).
HtH
--
-- Glenn