Greylisting .. nice ..

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Nov 4 10:30:04 GMT 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Jim Holland wrote:

> My objection to it is not that it doesn't work, but that it makes all
> genuine mail servers work twice as hard to deliver mail.  I like having an
> outgoing mail queue as clean as possible, and the greylisters mean

This is the biggest point of it, the people trying to get everyone using
greylisting obviously dont see much mail or don't have impatient whinging
@!#$@#$'s as customers

It seems to be a big thing with the postmix (intended pun) users
for some reason.

> multiple retry attempts before the mail can be delivered.  The more people

I also still see hotmail not resending on a 4xx errors as well.

> There are definitely no guns in my house.

nor here, just an attack trained anti social rottweiler :P

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd