Greylisting .. nice ..

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Sat Nov 4 08:58:44 GMT 2006

Jim Holland wrote:
[snip]
> My objection to it is not that it doesn't work, but that it makes all
> genuine mail servers work twice as hard to deliver mail.  I like having an
> outgoing mail queue as clean as possible, and the greylisters mean
> multiple retry attempts before the mail can be delivered.[snip]

You are wrong, it is not twice as much work, not even near.  Worst case is that
you get greylisted once per recipient/sender pair, that's it.

With  milter-gris I use the option of only greylisting dynamic IPs and those
that don't have a valid reverse.

And bottom line: about 90% of the spam just disappeared.
--
René Berber