Spam Detection Around 55%

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 2 18:57:05 GMT 2006

Matt Kettler wrote:

>> As above, they won't have DCC installed yet. That's what reading the
>> instructions tells them to do: go and install it.
>>

> Yes, which is *EXACTLY* why you want the ifplugin.

Ah, I thought the "ifplugin" was some pseudo-code you were using to try
to explain the problem. I didn't realise that "ifplugin" was a real
piece of allowable syntax. I have added it to the DCC and Pyzor config
lines.

>> But it's an installer for the latest version of SA. If they are running
>> it at all, they won't have SA 3.0.x. So I don't need to handle SA 3.0.x.
>> If they managed to run the whole installer and end up with 3.0.x
>> installed, I would dearly like to know how, seeing as it installs 3.1.x !!
>>

> What???
>
> Look. Julian. We're clearly on a different page here.
>
> I'm talking about MailScanner here. So I'm talking about the MailScanner install
> process. I am not talking about your optional clamav/sa bundle pack.
>
> ie: http://www.mailscanner.info/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-4.56.8-1.rpm.tar.gz
>
> That does NOT install spamassassin as far as I know.
>
> So does the MailScanner install process even tell users to modify their v310.pre?

No, it doesn't. The MailScanner process doesn't mention SpamAssassin in
any of its output.
Given that I think we both agree (for once! :-) what was it that you
wanted me to do?

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP