Spam Detection Around 55%

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Wed Nov 1 23:15:22 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:

>>> Any chance you might consider adding an ifplugin statement to frame the dcc_path
>>> command?
>>>
>>> ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
>>> dcc_path <whatever>
>>> endif
>>>
> As above, they won't have DCC installed yet. That's what reading the
> instructions tells them to do: go and install it.

Yes, which is *EXACTLY* why you want the ifplugin.

>>> That might cause DCC to break for someone making a new setup using SA 3.0.x and
>>> the latest MailScanner, but who's going to get the latest MailScanner while
>>> using an old version of SA?
>>>
> But it's an installer for the latest version of SA. If they are running
> it at all, they won't have SA 3.0.x. So I don't need to handle SA 3.0.x.
> If they managed to run the whole installer and end up with 3.0.x
> installed, I would dearly like to know how, seeing as it installs 3.1.x !!

What???

Look. Julian. We're clearly on a different page here.

I'm talking about MailScanner here. So I'm talking about the MailScanner install
process. I am not talking about your optional clamav/sa bundle pack.

ie: http://www.mailscanner.info/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-4.56.8-1.rpm.tar.gz

That does NOT install spamassassin as far as I know.

So does the MailScanner install process even tell users to modify their v310.pre?