Overriding SBL+XBL on a DHCP address

Andrew amsc at k1k2.com
Thu Nov 2 12:32:37 GMT 2006

Hi,
I have a DHCP address at home (with a dns name I update
if it changes ... using my own script ...)
My server running MailScanner has a fixed IP so it's no
problem.
(I also have an auto update process running at home, on
the server sendmail access file)
What happened recently (and I need to get a new lease to fix)
is that my DHCP IP address showed up in SBL+XBL
My home server does smart forwarding to my mail server
Because of this, all my email was being dumped by the spam
filter.
I guess there is a simple solution to this problem?
How can I whitelist my DHCP IP address?
I did try whitelisting the name, but couldn't seem to get it
to work without specifying the IP address by number (which is
of course not much use)
I tried listing my internal IP subnet first but that didn't
work coz the spam filter seems to only check the previous
IP address in the path list?
Also, I'm using an old version of MailScanner: 4.38.10

Here's the edited whitelist file.
It didn't work until the last line was added.

spam.whitelist.rules
# This is where you can build a Spam WhiteList
# Addresses matching in here, with the value
# "yes" will never be marked as spam.
FromOrTo:       default         no