rejecting botnets with sendmail

Andoni Auzmendi andoni.auzmendi at robertwalters.com
Wed Nov 1 15:29:15 GMT 2006

Experiencing the recent increase in spam from botnets, is there a way to
reject (or discard) connections coming from servers containing their ip
address within the hostname? I can see lots of connections from
broadband or dialup addresses. Some of them even bypass greylilst as
they resend the messages several times. We use Sendmail here and I guess
there must be a milter which is capable of doing that.

Andoni Auzmendi

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com