Another call for improvements

Richard Westlake r.westlake at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Wed May 31 21:34:19 IST 2006

Julian
Many thank for all the work you put into an excellent product.

You asked for suggestions so here is mine.

It would be useful if the init script you distribute could look in a
standard place for local customisations. This would save me merging my
changes with your script when I upgrade. I customised the scripts to start
and stop extra services, add additional command line arguments, change the
behaviour of existing command line arguments and perform some other site
specific actions.
The local customisation are in an extra file MailScanner.local which the
main script sources, however I still need to add the hooks  into your
script when I upgrade.

If you want I could send you my scripts, which show the hooks in the main
file and how the local customisations work.

  All the best, and thanks again for all your work

Richard Westlake

School of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX
Tel: 020-7631-6859