Getting pounded .. sigh

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Tue May 30 23:06:09 IST 2006

Matt,

I think the <tab> will solve part of the problem. I totally missed the fact
that I run different sendmail.cf files for the incoming and outbound
mailscanner processes. I had to modify the Mailscanner init script addding
line no 129:

$SENDMAIL -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn \
                      -ODeliveryMode=queueonly \
                      -OQueueDirectory=$INQDIR \
                      -OPidFile=$INPID \
                      -C/etc/mail/sendmail_in.cf

The last line above:
                      -C/etc/mail/sendmail_in.cf

and the "\" at the end of line 128 was added.

Obviously you need to create sendmail_in.mc with the modification for the
split queue and then generate sendmail_in.cf before modifying the init
script.

There are some other things you might want to change on the outbound
sendmail.cf file such as not running RBL or other unnecessary checks that
have already been run by the incoming instance of sendmail.

Sorry for the errors but I was trying to get away for the long Memorial Day
weekend here as I was writing up the Wiki entry. Haste makes stupidity.

Let me know if this cleans up the issue and I'll modify the wiki.

Thanks for catching this.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
Fort Systems Ltd.