Getting pounded .. sigh

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Sun May 28 19:25:37 IST 2006

The method described in the wiki should work with any client software since
the MTA (sendmail) accepts the entire message and then splits it into
individual messages, one for each recipient.

define(`confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE',`1') will reject any email addressed to
more than one recipient. If this feature is defined it's typically set to a
much higher threshold; something like:

define(`confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE',`20')

In fact you can use both together. With the setting just above and with
mqueue defined and r=1, messages to more than 20 recipients will be rejected
and messages to 20 or less will be split into individual messages.

I hope this helps to explain the issue.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
Fort Systems Ltd.