SA Scoring

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Wed May 17 15:51:47 IST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 23:08, Scott Silva wrote:
> --[UxBoD]-- spake the following on 5/16/2006 3:09 PM:
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> oops again, upgraded DCC and was using wrong path :( with respect to the
>> bayes database yes I am using root. Should it be held under the postfix
>> account ? Also, where can I get I pre-learnt bayes database from as in
>> mine I only have 34 spam/ham messages :(
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Phil
>>
> The database seems accessible where it is, so it is working OK.

I have fallen for that one too. The --lint is being run as root and so
will pick up the root bayes file. You need to run --lint as the same as
the Postfix user (Usually postfix) to make sure you use the right
database. You will also need to specify where the bayes files are (This is
set in MailScanner.conf, towards the bottom, usually
/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/)

> As for a starter database, you can go to  http://www.fsl.com/support.html
> It should get your bayes working right away. It will still take time to
> build
> accuracy, but should get you started.

But don't forget to drop it in the directory as described above so MS can
find it and ensure it is at least owned by postfix.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy