install-Clam-SA

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Tue May 16 21:53:27 IST 2006

This is what I have in our MailScanner.conf
Virus Scanners = clamav

Stats work normally in MailWatch.
Freshclam keeps it updated; I'm pretty sure that's built into
install-Clam-SA package as well.  I do believe you have to update
freshclam.conf

http://www.clamav.net/faq.html#pagestart
How many times per hour shall I run freshclam?

If you are running ClamAV 0.7x do NOT check more often than once per
hour. If you are running ClamAV 0.8x or later, you can check for
database update as often as 4 times per hour provided that you have the
following options in freshclam.conf:
DNSDatabaseInfo current.cvd.clamav.net
DatabaseMirror db.XY.clamav.net
DatabaseMirror database.clamav.net
Replace XY with your country code. If you don't have that option, then
you must stick with 1 check per hour.