install-Clam-SA

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue May 16 21:50:26 IST 2006

James R. Stevens wrote:

> Upgrading our clam version as well and cant remember what MailScanner
> uses.
>
> Does clamd need to be running for MailScanner to us it and stats to grow
> in MailWatch?
> Does MailScanner use clamscan and not need anything else but the
> definition files updated via freashclam?
>
> I cant find the clamd.conf MANUAL anywhere.

MailScanner doesn't use clamd. It either uses clamscan or it uses the perl API,
depending on which way you configure clamav in MailScanner.conf.

There are two different options for clamav you can declare in the "Virus
Scanners" statement:

clamav = use clamscan
clamavmodule = use Mail::ClamAV perl API