connection refused by 127.0.0.1

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Tue May 16 19:50:52 IST 2006

> connection refused

You may need to edit sendmail.mc
There should be a line like so:

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl

That tells sendmail to listen on all addresses (including loopback),
assuming that is what you want. Then 'make -C /etc/mail'

Some spammers do set an MX to 127.0.0.1, and you'll inherit these 'mail
loops back to me' errors, but that's just a minor annoyance. You need to
be able to accept root cron mail and other important local notices. See
http://rfc-ignorant.org/policy-dsn.php for some solutions.

Ken A
Pacific.Net