Net::DNS::Resolver not available

Paul Welsh paul at welshfamily.com
Mon May 15 19:20:30 IST 2006

Hi all

I upgraded ClamAV last night using the ClamAV 0.88.2 and SpamAssassin 3.1.1
easy installation package
(http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/install-Clam-SA.tar.gz)
from http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/downloads.shtml.

Unfortunately, something is now broken.  Spam isn't being detected because
Net::DNS::Resolver isn't available.  I know this because I ran spamassassin
in test mode against a sample message that made it through:

[12190] dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? No

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

ClamAV is still finding infections, so that's good.

I upgraded to Version 4.53.8-1 just now, but the Resolver module didn't get
fixed.

I'm running CentOS 4.