Script to download latest from Julians Site

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue May 16 12:46:52 IST 2006

On 16/05/06, Lance Haig <lhaig at haigmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone written a script that you can use to download the latest
> versions of programs from Julian's site?
>
> I was just wondering as I always download them locally first then have
> to upload and if I am on dial up it takes forever.
>
> if this has not been done I want to try to write one.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lance

If you allow the server http, you could well use lynx or links or
similar tool (even wget and curl could be helpful, although then you
need know/find out the locations... or just mirror
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/ or somesuch (wget
-mirror ... or whatever) :-).
Personally I prefer to use lynx, since I do this infrequently... And
lynx is enough to get the job done.

--
-- Glenn