MailScanner + Bayes on SQL

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon May 15 00:15:17 IST 2006

Is this at all possible with MailScanner? I followed the instructions on
the spamassassin wiki and migrated a Bayes database to MySQL. When I test
via spamassassin --lint I get this output:

[12153] dbg: bayes: using username: root
[12153] dbg: bayes: database connection established
[12153] dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 3
[12153] dbg: bayes: unable to initialize database for root user, aborting!

This doesn't happen with the system wide setting of bayes_path, the user
doesn't matter in this case. How can I do this when using MailScanner?
Is it that configuration variable?

bayes_sql_override_username        someusername

>From the description I'm not 100% sure.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BetterDocumentation/SqlReadme

Also, if that is the correct way to do it, what username do I use?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany