3rd time asking, HOW DO I UNINSTALL MAILSCANNER FROM FREEBSD????????????

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Sun May 14 21:38:48 IST 2006

On Sunday, May 14, 2006 3:56 PM Michael S. wrote:

> Thanks for letting me know. The only Perl modules that were installed
> manually were the ones required for Clamav.

The bsdpan references make me thing otherwise...

> I'm not sure which Perl modules are needed for MS. Where can I find
> out which Perl modules these are,

The port system will install them for you once a make install in /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner succeeds.

> Even so, I thought that doing a make deinstall will remove MS but it
> doesn't.

The bits you posted show that your FreeBSD installation is not aware that the mailscanner port is installed. Therefore it cannot deinstall it. I have no clue how you achieved this though.

> I have to find all instances of MS and rm -f or rm -rf
> everything.

_IF_ you installed via ports then a look at pkg-plist will show you all installed files.