Bug in sa-update script and other small things

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu May 11 13:24:14 IST 2006

1.
There's a bug in the sa-update script from May 8. The $Disabled stuff has
been taken over from the perl scripts and therefore throws an error.

Correct version:
---------------
Disabled=1

if [ $Disabled -eq 1 ]; then
    exit
fi
---------------

Btw: is this file getting replaced with a new version if it exists or only
placed there if non-existant? (Replacement would change the Disabled
setting). Same question for clean_quarantine.

2.
the default path for gunzip given as /usr/bin/gunzip is not the default on
Red Hat or SuSE, it's /bin/gunzip. I suggest changing this since these are
the main targeted platforms it seems.

3.
could we somehow stop adding the mailscanner.conf symlink to
/etc/mail/spamassassin with each upgrade? I have to remove it each time
and easily forget that.

4.
is there a chance you list upgraded perl src.rpms in a file so one can
easily see which ones are new? I really don't see much sense in installing
the whole bunch of src.rpms time and again with each upgrade and mostly
just upgrade the mailscanner.rpm. But I check with the older directory if
there are any newer Perl rpm versions and build and install these if I
don't have them already.
I think there's also something wrong with the detection of already
existing versions, so that rpms get built and installed although that rpm
is already on board with a newer version. (I don't mean the ones
-MIME-Base64, MIME-Tools- where it says "I'm sorry I have to force this -
btw: I have been running MailScanner just fine with the regular
MIME-Base64 or the CPANed one in the past.) It might be helpful to have
more command-line parameters for install.sh, f.i. "noperl" for not
installing any of the packaged Perl rpms and "onlyforcedperl" for only
installing those Perl rpms that are installed anyway.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany