MailWatch Stops logging sascore & sareport

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at
Thu May 11 08:53:21 IST 2006

Hi Scott,

Scott Silva wrote:
> Anthony Peacock spake the following on 5/9/2006 9:05 AM:
>> Hi,
>> So much for that theory!  It starting going wrong again this afternoon,
>> so that was just a matter of hours since the last restart.
>> I missed it starting to go wrong so couldn't really catch any idea of
>> what was happening at the time.
>> A stop and restart of MailScanner fixes the problem.
>> I will keep looking into this and will post if I find out anything further.
> You could turn the MailScanner restart time down to a few hours for now, just
> to keep it functioning until you find the problem.

Thanks for your suggestion, I am back in the office after having to take 
  yesterday off.  I will consider this when I get back into looking into 
this problem.  One positive is that it had stopped logging sascore again 
since I last looked at it on Tuesday.  So it looks like it is failing 
more quickly than before, so I should be able to switch on DBItrace and 
wait for it to fail.

MailScanner is correctly marking emails and they are being filtered 
correctly. It is only that MailWatch suddenly starts logging sascore and 
sareport as NULL, all other values are logged correctly.  I did try 
turning off the SpamAssassin score cache to see it it was a problem with 
that, but it failed with that as well.

I will report back to the list if I discover anything more.

Anthony Peacock
CHIME, Royal Free & University College Medical School
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new 
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny....'" -- Isaac Asimov

More information about the MailScanner mailing list