Spamassassin exceeded time limit, not stopping spam

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:30:56 IST 2006

On 09/05/06, James Gray <james at grayonline.id.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2006 05:05, Logan Shaw wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 May 2006, James Gray wrote:
> > > spamassassin -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint -D
> > > 2>&1 | less
> > >
> > > (all on one line).  Watch the shell redirection (2>&1) - as written
> > > above will probably bork on standard Bourne shells ("sh") but should
> > > work fin in bash/zsh.
> >
> > The "2>&1" syntax is a standard Bourne shell ("sh") thing
> > and has been around since long before bash and zsh existed,
> > and maybe even before ksh existed.
>
> Right - but for some daft reason, that syntax ALWAYS breaks on my FreeBSD
> boxes which use /bin/sh for root.  Go figure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> James
Some implementations of diverse shells (including bourne... well,
"reimplementations" perhaps:-) on some platforms have been known to be
rather picky about things like whitespace surronding it, and
placement(!). DG/UX comes to mind here... differed between ksh/sh.
Sigh. Well, it's dead now:-).
I have next to no experience of any modern FreeBSD, so can't say how
things are there:).

--
-- Glenn