First time MailScanner Issues

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Mon May 8 16:50:30 IST 2006

Gang,

I've seen this same exact behavior with MS 4.53.8 and a couple of previous
versions on Solaris 10.  I've discovered that the check_mailscanner
script will start MailScanner via cron just fine, but that the
start script I used in Solaris 9 works sometimes, sometimes does not.
This is an annoyance that can be gotten around by just running
check_mailscanner often.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College