First time MailScanner Issues

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Sat May 6 20:25:03 IST 2006

On 6 May 2006, at 21:01, uxbod at splatnix.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is my first post so please excuse my ignorance.

No problem, we all start somewhere ;-)

<snipped>

> And this just keeps going on and on and not delivering :(

Not knowing how the Gentoo port starts it's self you might have o
customise this a bit but either find the check_MailScanner script (/
etc/MailScanner?) and run check_MailScanner ---debug or edit /etc/
MailScanner/MailScanner.conf at the end and turn on debugging (You
can't miss it) and re-start MailScanner using the Portage start
script and check the output. That should tell you some more.

Post back the output (Or at least where it stops) if you need more help.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy