4.53.8 --- Re: 4.53.7, endless loop in debug mode

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 5 14:52:02 IST 2006

Hi Julian,

Julian Field wrote:
> I have just release 4.53.8.
>
> The only change (except for 1 comment) is the phishing net bug fix.

Many thanks for the quick fix.

> I'm very sorry for doing this to you folks.
> In future, I would really appreciate it if more people would help with
> the beta testing. This bug really should have shown up in testing and
> didn't. But I realise that it is my fault for sloppy code in the first
> place. :-(

It isn't always possible for me to test the beta releases.  In fact I
don't always install every stable release, it just depends on what else
I have going on at work at the time.

If I get the chance I do intend on setting up a test server that can run
new releases in parallel to the live service.  In the meantime I have
MailScanner installed so that reverting back to a previous release is a
case of stopping MailScanner, changing a soft link and restarting
MailScanner.  This works really well for quickly changing between
versions for testing purposes.

--
Anthony Peacock
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new