Attn. postfix users WAS Multiple Postfix smtp instances

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu May 4 22:45:19 IST 2006

On 04/05/06, Dhawal Doshy <dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com> wrote:
> Glenn Steen wrote:
> > On 04/05/06, Dhawal Doshy <dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com> wrote:
> > (snip)
> >> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/140871
> >> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/140888
> >> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/140902
> > Hi Dhawal,
> >
> > First up, I admire your tenacity and courage... This is a battle I've
> > thought of fighting, and subsequently shied away from, more than
> > once...
>
> i know what you feel.. i have myself shied away more than once (due to
> death threats from the postfix underworld) and would have again if
> Wietse were not so outright in proclaiming that he would break
> mailscanner compatibility in the next version..
>
> Viktor appears to quite reasonable and open on getting this resolved but
> requires some smarter inputs. i genuinely think i am not the right
> person to pursue this any further.. and someone more technically
> competent with a much better understanding of both postfix and
> mailscanner ought to do so (if the inclination exists).
>
> i have symmetric multiple headaches already and am almost about to give
> up.. and will mostly opt for the wait till it breaks and watch situation.
>
> - dhawal

Oh I it's not easy... At least the postfix crowd tend to have a rather
... rough ... tone:-).

If there was more time on every day (say 2-3 hours more), I'd have
time for the postfix list on a more regular basis... As it is now I
hardly have time for this one (one might argue that that shows in the
level of quality my small contributions have had lately:-).
If I could do more, I would.

That said, I'm not sure I'm the right one for the job either... Drew
perhaps, or Joshua, or ... Jules:-).

Anyway, my comments were the slight contrib I could do ATM. Sorry it's not more.

--
-- Glenn