Phishing emails cause MailScanner to loop infinitely

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu May 4 16:55:17 IST 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Anthony Peacock wrote:

> Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:41:18 +0100
> From: Anthony Peacock <a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk>
> To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> Subject: Re: Phishing emails cause MailScanner to loop infinitely
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I had forgotten about your earlier email, I think I had got sidetracked by
> the discussion about the Web Bug URL...
>
> I have gone back through the archives and re-read your emails, and I agree
> this sounds like the same issue.
>
> I am wondering if it is an issue with the Df routines under Solaris...

That's right, Filesys-Statvfs_Statfs_Df-0.78 is the new wrinkle in
4.53.7.  I installed this by hand (perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, etc).
However it compiled and passed its tests without problems, giving
correct block numbers.

I do notice that there is a version  0.79, released on April 19.
Downloading now, will install and test.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College