{Spam?} Re: Changin MX machine to it's own, recommendations please...

Rob Morin rob at thehostmasters.com
Tue May 2 17:20:16 IST 2006

Right thats not the problem... i want to leave it scan locally made
messages... but i do not want to scan messages coming in from a certain
IP.... i have this in the rules files....

From:   192.186.63.158            yes

in both ..

spam.whitelist.rules
virus.scanning.rules

so that no scanning takes place from that IP ONLY all others will get
scanned.... but what i do not know is, does it still scan and  it adds a
negative score to the email or does it simply say, "Oh, its in my whitle
list, i won't bother to scan it" as then the actual  scan process and SA
process will still run , and still take  cpu away from the machine....

Rob Morin
Dido InterNet Inc.
Montreal, Canada
Http://www.dido.ca